There Are Winnie the Pooh Quotes That Are Relevant Any Day of the Week, Plus Winnie the Pooh Day
Life's not always easy, but words of wisdom and advice are always available from our favorite Pooh bear. To make it easy, here's the best Winnie the Pooh quotes ever.
I can’t imagine my childhood without Pooh Bear and the gang, and the wisdom handed down by these unforgettable characters has stayed with me in adulthood. Movies are no stranger to Winnie the Pooh, with 2018’s Christopher Robin and 2017’s Goodbye Christopher Robin. On Winnie the Pooh day, let’s not look at the movies inspired by the story behind creating Winnie the Pooh, but the lasting legacy of Pooh’s absolute wisdom with the best Winnie the Pooh quotes.
Winnie the Pooh Quotes Are Simple Yet Powerful
There are Winnie the Pooh quotes to cover all facets of life, even the often overlooked benefits of doing absolutely nothing. Whether you’re looking for guidance on love, establishing a strong self-esteem, selflessness, setting goals, breaking out of your comfort zone, priorities, body positivity, being active, friendship, keeping things simple, or merely want a dash of humor, a Winnie the Pooh quote covers it.
And Pooh and his friends make it seem effortless with their informal, poignant words that hold a great deal of weight in simple packaging.
Now, with the following 33 Winnie the Pooh quotes experience life according to Pooh Bear and other residents of the Hundred Acre Wood. And if this is the first time you’ve heard the profound words of this lovable, honey-hungry, bumbling bear and his friends, prepare to grin while your heart melts.
The Best Winnie the Pooh Quotes To Share, Memorize, Adore
Pooh Bear Quotes on Love and Parting Ways
1. “Some people care too much. I think it’s called love.”
2. “If there ever comes a day when we can’t be together, keep me in your heart. I’ll stay there forever.”
3. Piglet: “How do you spell love?”
Pooh: “You don’t spell it, you feel it.”
4. “If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day so I never have to live without you.”
5. “Love is taking a few steps backward maybe even more … to give way to the happiness of the person you love.”
6. “How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard.”
7. “Sometimes the smallest things take the most room in your heart.”
8. “I think we dream so we don’t have to be apart so long. If we’re in each other’s dreams we can be together all the time.”
Winnie the Pooh Quotes About Life
9. “It never hurts to keep looking for sunshine.” — Eeyore
10. “River knows this: there is no hurry. We shall get there some day.”
11. “We can’t all and some of us don’t. That’s all there is to it.” — Eeyore
12. “They’re funny things, accidents. You never have them till you’re having them.” — Eeyore
13. “One of the advantages of being disorganized is that one is always having surprising discoveries.”
14. “Sometimes, if you stand on the bottom rail of a bridge and lean over to watch the river slipping slowly away beneath you, you will suddenly know everything there is to be known.”
Pooh Bear and Friends Quotes on Self Esteem and Body Positivity
15. “The things that make me different are the things that make me.” — Piglet
16. “It’s not much of a tail, but I’m sort of attached to it.” — Eeyore
17. “I am short, fat, proud of that.”
18. “If you weren’t you, then we’d all be a bit less, um…we.” — Piglet
19. “Weeds are flowers, too, once you get to know them.” — Eeyore
Winnie the Pooh Quotes on Friendship, Acceptance and Taking a Risk
20. “A day without a friend is like a pot without a single drop of honey left inside.”
21. “A day spent with you is my favorite day. So today is my new favorite day.”
22. “We will be friends until forever, just you wait and see.”
23. Pooh: “Hello, Rabbit. Is that you?”
Rabbit: “Let’s pretend it isn’t and see what happens.”
24. “A little consideration, a little thought for others, makes all the difference.” — Eeyore
25. “You can’t stay in your corner of the Forest waiting for others to come to you. You have to go to them sometimes.”
26. “As soon as I saw you, I knew an adventure was going to happen.”
Pooh Bear Quotes on Being Active (or Not) and Keeping Things Simple
27. “A bear, however hard he tries, grows tubby without exercise.”
28. “Let’s begin by taking a smallish nap or two.”
29. “When I up, down, touch the ground, puts me in the mood. Up, down, touch the ground, in the mood for food … I am stout, round and I have found … I improve my appetite when I exercise.”
30. “It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn’t use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like ‘What about lunch?’”
31. “I’m rumbly in my tumbly.”
32. Christopher Robin: “Pooh, there’s something I have to tell you.”
Pooh: “Is it something nice?”
Christopher Robin: “Not exactly.”
Pooh: “Then it can wait…forever and ever.”
The Most Impactful, Best of All Winnie the Pooh Quotes
33. Christopher Robin to Pooh: “You’re braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.”
The last on the list of Winnie the Pooh quotes is quite popular. And for good reason. Saying it out loud or to yourself, you feel a tad lighter, breathe a bit easier, and tension seems to melt away. It’s quite amazing how such simple words, when placed together perfectly, can have such a significant effect.
With Pooh and the gang, A. A. Milne not only gave us great adventures to join in on, but he also enriched our lives on a personal, emotional level. You can start the day however you like, but given the complexity of life, I’ll stick with, “You’re braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think,” as my mantra.