Synopsis: When a former spy’s daughter is kidnapped in Taken, he must go back into action to save her life.
Release Date: January 30, 2009 MPAA Rating: PG-13
Genre(s): Drama, Thriller
The main premise of Taken might be a little over the top and dark; it is about women being sold into the sex trade. Do not let this discourage you though as the movie is a great action thriller. Liam Neeson as the main character Bryan Mills is surprisingly tough and wholly believable as an ex-spy who has subsequently aged but can still hold his own in the field. Quite simply, Taken is an exciting ride worth taking.
The action in Taken will definitely grip hold of you throughout. With the varying sequences, you find yourself taking pleasure in watching the main character cause pain to the men who have taken his daughter. Do not expect anything over the top in Taken as the sequences are on the tamer side but they fit perfectly with the tone of the story.
Cast and Crew
- Director(s): Pierre Morel
- Screenwriters: Luc Besson, Robert Mark Kamen
- Cast: Maggie Grace (Kim), Liam Neeson (Bryan Mills), Famke Janssen (Lenore)
- Editor: Frédéric Thoraval
- Cinematographer: Michael Abramowicz
- Production Designer(s): Hugues Tissandier
- Country Of Origin: France