Synopsis: In The Pink Panther 2, Inspector Jacques Clouseau must stop a globe-trotting thief with some help from a team of international detectives.
Release Date: February 6, 2009 MPAA Rating: PG-13
Genre(s): Comedy, Children and Family
The Pink Panther 2 will make you laugh out loud and cheer at the sublime performance of Steve Martin as Inspector Clouseau. The Pink Panther 2 supplies a fun and entertaining mystery even if it does tend to leave the story to the sidelines and showcase the talents of the entire ensemble cast at times.
Steve Martin (Inspector Jacques Clouseau) showcases his brilliance with slapstick comedy throughout The Pink Panther 2. As the often bumbling and always clumsy Inspector his performance supplies most, if not all, of the laughs in the movie. His talent for physical comedy and deliverance of politically incorrect lines, as well as absurd comments and conclusions, make it a pleasure to watch him.
The comedy in The Pink Panther 2 is anything but subtle and always well received. With a special blend of physical comedy and comedic dialogue, The Pink Panther 2 gives continuously to the audience, never missing a moment to offer up a moment of laughter. There are a variety of scenes that are heavy on the comedy but the ones that feature Martin (Clouseau) and Tomlin (Mrs. Berenger) discussing his inability to be “correct” when dealing with people are absolutely hilarious.
Cast and Crew
- Director(s): Harald Zwart
- Screenwriters: Scott Neustadter, Michael H. Weber
- Cast: Steve Martin (Inspector Jacques Clouseau), Jean Reno (Ponton), Emily Mortimer (Nicole), Andy Garcia (Vicenzo), Alfred Molina (Pepperidge), Yuki Matsuzaki (Kenji), Aishwarya Rai Bachchan (Sonia), John Clease (Chief Inspector Dreyfus), Lily Tomlin (Mrs. Berenger), Jeremy Irons (Avellaneda)Julia WongDenis CrossanRusty Smith
- Editor(s): Julia Wong
- Cinematographer: Denis Crossan
- Production Designer(s): Rusty Smith
- Music Score: Christophe Beck
- Country Of Origin: USA