Synopsis: An astronaut lands on a planet where the inhabitants are green aliens stuck in a version of 1950s America.
Release Date: November 20, 2009 MPAA Rating: PG-13
Genre(s): Animation, Children and Family
Why do I have the feeling I have seen this movie before? Oh right, because it uses so much from so many other movies to tell its story that it is like watching old favorites again, all in one. With a new twist that is, since the humans are the invaders on a planet inhabited by what humans call aliens. Where else can you find the alien, from Alien, as a pet? Or revisit the flying by the moon scene from E.T. done with a comic twist? Yeah, it is kind of silly, but silly fun.
I would give it a 4 if only there were more music. The film is full of oldies from the 1950s that make you want to sing along. It is a perfect match to the story on screen and only makes the movie more of a pleasure to watch. I still have Lollipop stuck in my head, and I like that.
Cast and Crew
- Director(s): Jorge Blanco
- Producer(s): Joe StillmanDwayne Johnson (voice of Captain Charles T. Baker)
- Screenwriter(s): Jessica Biel (voice of Neera)Justin Long (voice of Lem)Gary Oldman (voice of General Grawl)
- Story: Seann William Scott (voice of Skiff)
- Cast: John Cleese (voice of Professor Kipple) Alex RodriguezJulian Munoz Romero
- Cinematographer: James Seymour Brett
- Production Designer(s):
- Costume Designer:
- Casting Director(s):
- Music Score:
- Music Performed By:
- Country Of Origin: SpainUK