Synopsis: When a couple adopts a new puppy they are faced with the most rambunctious and misbehaving pet imaginable; who is irresistible to love over the years by their growing family.
Release Date: December 25, 2008 MPAA Rating: PG-13
Genre(s): Comedy, Melodrama
How long can you watch a dog eat a couch, bark at the lightning, run off its leash, and just simply cause havoc in people’s lives? Not this long. The film is so concerned with the antics of the dog that it forgets to really focus on the other characters, who just happen to be the ones who can talk and engage with the audience. As the disillusionment of life sets in for the characters you do not feel emphatic or any form of relating. Whenever the moment comes where you may get to glimpse something of a relationship between them, something real and tangible you can relate with, Marley does something to distract from the moment. In the end all you really get is a small look at the lives of two people, the choices and sacrifices they make, a brief look at their dissatisfaction, and way to much of the dog.
Cast and Crew
- Director(s): David Frankel
- Producer(s): Scott FrankDon RossOwen Wilson (John Grogan)
- Screenwriter(s): Jennifer Aniston (Jennifer Grogan)Eric Dane (Sebastian)Alan Arkin (Arnie Klein)
- Cast: Mark LivolsiFlorian BalhausStuart Wurtzel
- Cinematographer: Theodore ShapiroAt The Post
- Production Designer(s):
- Costume Designer:
- Casting Director(s): LOOK! EffectsLola Visual Effects
- Music Score:
- Music Performed By: Available on Lakeshore Records.
- Country Of Origin: USA