Synopsis: A small-town boy in the big city gets involved with a scam artist and the world of bare knuckle streetfighting where he must fight for his survival and to escape from the dark world he has entered into.
Release Date: April 24, 2009 MPAA Rating: PG-13
Genre(s): Action, Drama
The film moves along incredibly slow and possesses no real substance. There is little, if any, character development and it fails to show you just why this guy from the streets is seen as such an excellent fighter for he never proves himself to the audience. Without this very important element in the story you are left with nothing to grasp.
The music that plays along with the fight scenes is timed perfectly with the momentum. As the stakes are raised and the fight reaches climax so does the music. It is the only real element of the scenes that keeps them exciting or worth watching.
There are only a few actual scenes where there is fighting. The best part of them, since the fighting is anything you could see anywhere, is the way in which they are staged – like a dance. Unfortunately, they are very short and unexciting even if they are choreographed exceptionally well.
Cast and Crew
- Director(s): Dito Montiel
- Producer(s): Robert MunicDito MontielChanning Tatum (Shawn MacArthur)
- Screenwriter(s): Terrence Howard (Harvey Boarden)Zulay Henao (Zulay Valez)Michael Rivera (Ajax)
- Story: Flaco Navaja (Ray Ray)
- Cast: Saar KleinStefan Czapsky
- Editor(s): Kurt and Bart
- Cinematographer: Jonathan EliasDavid Wittman
- Production Designer(s):
- Costume Designer:
- Casting Director(s): Brainstorm Digital
- Music Score:
- Music Performed By:
- Country Of Origin: USA